rc Bitz is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When you shop online with us we protect your private information by keeping it on a secure server, so you can be sure your orders are being processed safely.
Modelsport works hard to remain a reputable and trusted online retailer – the Extended GlobalSign SSL certificate you see throughout our website is proof of our continued commitment to protecting your privacy and keeping your data secure. We are also PCI DSS compliant and use Stripe, Amazon and PayPal as our payment gateways, providing you with all the security you need and expect when making online payments.
What information we collect?
We may collect the following information when you engage with our website:
- Name (including title)
- Billing address and delivery address (where applicable)
- Email address
- Phone Number(s)
- IP address
- Device and browser information
- Details of any transactions between you and us
- Information you may disclose to us within any correspondence
How we use this information?
rc Bitz will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details given below or by using the unsubscribe option included in any marketing messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
How can I manage the information held about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law and GDPR. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information
- Have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information
- Object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes
- Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions
- Have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office)
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: rc Bitz Ltd, 96 Oxford Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9AN
Phone: 01295 271 182
If you request a copy of your information you may be required to pay a statutory charge.
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this notice, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please contact us using the details above