FTX Outback 4x4 Trail RTR Tundra BLUE Toyota FJ40 style Scaler Crawler FTX5565
Without doubt some of the current crop of r/c scale crawlers and trail vehicles are amazingly detailed. Whether it is a self-assembly kit or a ready-to-run model, the scale finishing is breathtaking. However with this comes a price and for beginners looking to enter the r/c hobby for the first time, these expensively priced beauties can be just too much for some pockets.
FTX have recognised this and with the release of their new Outback range, they aim to bring scale r/c enjoyment to the masses. The Outback platform features a twin rail type chassis with locked axles at either end for maximum ground clearance and drive, while the multi-link suspension provides excellent articulation to traverse off road terrain. The Outback uses a brushed 370-sized motor and 2/3A sized battery, keeping costs and overall weight down. The gearbox is geared perfectly for high torque, slow speed driving, while the waterproof 2-in-1 ESC unit provides proportional power.
Scale finished wheels and all-terrain supersoft tyres with memory foam help maintain the rigs drive over most surfaces. Front and rear scale looking bumpers come with pre-installed LED lights for added scale realism and with three instantly recognisable classic 4x4 body styles there is an Outback ready for you and waiting to hit the trail.
FTX Outback Trail Vehicle Features:
- 2.4ghz radio system
- Waterproof 40A 2-in-1 speed control
- Waterproof axle mounted 3kg steering servo
- Brushed 370 motor
- 7.2v 1500mah NiMH battery & wall charger
- Ball bearings
- Twin rail metal frame chassis
- Multi-link suspension for smooth articulation
- Low CG centre 3-gear high torque transmission
- Front and rear locked axles
- Telescopic universal driveshafts
- Oil filled shock absorbers
- Adjustable battery mount
- Aluminium suspension links and steering hub for durability
- Supersoft all terrain tyres with memory foam
- Scale looking front and rear bumpers with factory fitted LED lights
- Full range of option parts available
- Scale Size: 1/10th
- Length: 416mm
- Width: 200mm
- Height: 230mm
- Wheelbase: 250mm
- Weight: 1350g
- Gear Ratio: 1:88
- Tyre Diameter: 105mm
- Wheel Diameter: 54mm
- Ground Clearance: 76mm
Please Note: This kit in sold in RTR (Ready-to-run) format and requires 4 x AA batteries for completion.